Eielson AFB EIE379 F-35 Maintenance Hangar
The Eielson AFB EIE379 F-35A maintenance hangar facility includes four maintenance bays for F-35A aircraft and administrative spaces. Coffman provided civil, structural, mechanical, fire protection, electrical engineering, and landscape architecture for the 58,314 sf building that was closely coordinated with the adjacent hangar to provide a cohesive site design that maximized the functionality of the two facilities. Special considerations were taken for subarctic weather including permafrost, liquefaction potential, snow, and wind loads. Specific design elements included:
- Civil site design including hangar access apron, pedestrian and vehicle access, PCC hangar bay, and stormwater design.
- Structural design to withstand code snow, wind, seismic load criteria, and bridge cranes.
- Mechanical avionics cooling air system, ventilation, and heating including radiant floor heating, heat recovery units from the maintenance bays to increase the energy efficiency of the building.
- Exterior lighting utilized LED light fixtures.
The facility include a squad operations space for the pilots to obtain pre and post flight instruction which included briefing rooms and training rooms. The training components of the squad operations space were design to ICD/ICS705 security requirements.
- Civil Engineering
- Crane Design
- Electrical Engineering
- Fire Protection Engineering
- Landscape Architecture
- Lighting Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Seismic Engineering
- Structural Engineering