Fort Wainwright FTW376 Unmanned Aircraft Hangar
Coffman provided multidiscipline engineering services for the FTW376 Unmanned Aircraft Hangar at Fort Wainwright, Alaska. The project included the design and construction of a 56,629 sf building, which includes nearly 29,000 sf of hangar space. The project also included an organizational hardstand at another lot on the installation and unmanned aircraft guidance systems along the runway at the installation. Specific design services included:
- Mechanical heating, ventilation, and plumbing services for the facility, including steam-to-glycol heat exchangers, an air-to-air heat recovery ventilation unit, industrial compressed air plant, and in-floor hydronic radiant heat.
- Civil site design including aircraft aprons, aircraft warm-up stands, stormwater design, 100-space parking lot, 110-space parking hardstand on a separate site.
- Fire protection design included high expansion foam and preaction systems activated by flame detectors and linear heat for the hangar. Fire suppression systems for the shops, office, and utility areas.
- Electrical design for power, lighting, and lightning protection for the hangar and power and site lighting for the parking lots. Roll-up generators for backup power and hangar doors.
- Landscape Architecture services included full site design and planting plan for all three sites.
- Energy & Utility
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Fire Protection Engineering
- Landscape Architecture
- Lighting Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Sustainable Design