FEDC Biomass Feasibility Studies
Between 2013 and 2018 Coffman worked with the Fairbanks Economic Development Corporation (FEDC) and Alaska Wood Energy Development Task Group (AWEDTG) to complete pre-feasibility studies for more than 20 rural Alaskan communities. These studies included on-site investigation, energy analysis, cost estimating, and reporting of cost-effective biomass heating options for each facility, ranging from schools to summer camps and community buildings.
Our experience with Alaska biomass projects, specifically with FEDC, has allowed Coffman to become very familiar with the goal to use high-efficiency, low-emission, wood-fired systems. Coffman’s skill set combines biomass boiler design proficiency with comprehensive experience providing study/audit/building inspection services and biomass pre-feasibility work for projects across rural Alaska.
Coffman performed pre-feasibility studies in the following Alaskan communities:
- 2013: Iliamna, Nondalton, Clark’s Point, New Stuyahok.
- 2014: Gakona, Kluti-Kaah, Russian Mission.
- 2015: Cordova Pool, Kodiak, Ouzinkie.
- 2016: Kiana, Ouzinkie School, Port Lions School, Port Heiden.
- 2017: 4 Fairbanks Elementary Schools, Aniak and Upper Kalskag.
- 2018: Silver Gulch Brewery Fairbanks, Mentasta, Victory Bible Camp Sutton, Holy Name Church Ketchikan.
- Civic & Government
- Alternative Energy