We’re excited to announce that Hope-Amundson has joined Coffman Engineers.
Hope-Amundson is a full service San Diego based structural engineering firm with a deep bench of licensed engineers. They have built a celebrated legacy and reputation, and we are humbled to continue that legacy as they join our Coffman team.
When Coffman and Hope-Amundson began talking about the possibility of a merger, it was evident that the two firms have similar cultures committed to team members’ well being and are inspired by similar visions focused on the success of our clients.
Previously announced on August 31st, 2017, Hope-Amundson signed a letter of intent to merge with Coffman. Since that time, the firms have come to a merger agreement that aligns with Hope-Amundson’s goals to find a transition plan that works for their staff and clients and was the right cultural fit.
“It was obvious that both firm cultures align closely and that was something very important to us,” said Chuck Hope, Principal, Hope-Amundson.
As a combined team, the merger presents very exciting things to look forward to:
- New heights in our services. This includes award-winning structural, civil, mechanical, electrical, and fire protection engineering services.
- Continued relationships. The same focus and high level of quality from the same team of professionals our clients have come to know.
- Orange County location. Hope-Amundson’s Orange County office is an important new addition to Coffman, continuing to offer structural engineering services and eventually multidiscipline services.
- Deeply rooted leadership. Chuck Hope and Jim Amundson will join Coffman as principals. They join current general manager Scott Twele to support our continued commitment to San Diego and the greater Southern California marketplace.
- Community involvement. As a combined team, we remain dedicated to positively impact the community around us. As an expression of this value, we look forward to continuing our support of the professional and non-profit organizations where we work and live, together.
“The best deals are win-win. We will strategically help Coffman with their Southern California presence and for Hope-Amundson, this allows us to join a larger firm, offer our clients more services, and look for opportunities in other areas,” said Jim Amundson, Principal, Hope-Amundson.
We hope you will join us in celebrating this major milestone as it provides an exciting opportunity for you; our clients, partners, team members, and friends.